|Porsche 935 LeMans 1978 'Moby Dick'
In preparation for an '8' theme at the 2008 TORCAN model contest, I decided to enter a collection of five 1978 LeMans race cars,
including this one.
This is a modified version of the Porsche 935 with extended bodywork, nicknamed 'Moby Dick' because it was so large and white.
The car placed 8th overall in the 1978 Le Mans race. From what I found, the car only raced a few times, all in 1978.
Base Kit(s): Tamiya 1/24 scale Martini Porsche 936 78 Turbo (kit number 24012)
- Replaced rear wing side plates and rear body lip with aluminum sheet and some Scale Hardware rivets
- Metal mesh added to rear part of side windows and in front of rear wheel scoops
- Antenna made of guitar string wire
- Paint is Tamiya Pure White and Clear, both from spray cans, polished and waxed
- Weathering done using black and brown acrylic paint and black pastels
Click on Thumbnail to see detailed image. These images are 1024 x 768 should load reasonably quickly, depending
on your connection speed.