|Mustang II Concept Car
Just before the original Mustang was available as dealerships, Ford unveiled a concept version called the Mustang II. I wanted to
have a companion to the Mustang Mach III concept car and this seemed to be the one. This Lindberg kit is a recently reissued
version of the original IMC kit. The doors and hood were designed to open but I glued them shut to give the final model a bit of
structural strength. Except for drilling out the dash to accept gauges, the car was built pretty much out of the box.
Base Kit(s): Lindberg Mustang II Concept Car (kit number )
Finished: Feb 2013
- cut out dashboard openings and added cut up Detail Master street rod gauges
- flocked the interior floor
- Bare Metal Foil on various interior fittings
- interior paint is Tamiya racing white and Testors Boyd Pacific Blue (a close match for the colour of the stripe decal), followed by a
- the stripe decal was cut up in pieces for the section between the rear seats
- Body paint is Tamiya racing white, white pearl and clear on body, decanted and airbrushed
Click on Thumbnail to see detailed image. These images are 1024 x 768 and maybe a bit slow to load, depending on
your connection speed.
Drilled out dashboard