|1966 Mustang - Shell 4000 Rally
This was one of my completions for the Grand Valley Model Car Club Challenge build in 2019. This model was built for the
diorama that the club put together.
More information about the history of the Shell 4000 Rally can be found HERE.
More information about the GVMCC challenge build can be found HERE
Base Kit(s): AMT Ertl 1966 Mustang (kit number 38377)
Finished: October 2019
- cut out passenger side door and built door and body jams
- added modified Fujimi driver to driver seat
- parts box steel wheels, diameter was increased with tubing
- BestModelCarParts instrument gauges
- built as a curbside (no engine or chassis details
- parts box driving lights
- Fireball Modelworks resin door handles
- custom decals from club member
- dealership lettering done by pressing Letraset letters onto clear decal paper
- paint is a mixture of Tamiya acrylics - white, blue and a bit of flat aluminum
Click on Thumbnail to see detailed image. These images are 1024 x 768 and maybe a bit slow to load, depending on
your connection speed.