|1988 Yamaha YZR500 (OW98)
This is the first bike from Hasegawa that I have built. It is a very well engineered kit that was a pleasure to build. Hasegawa has
also done something that I wish Tamiya would do with their kits. The the wheels, swingarm and front forks use small screws for
assembly, however, the head of the screw is covered over with a styrene piece that depicts the proper hex bolt head or nut. A real
improvement over the exposed Phillips screw heads on other kits.
Base Kit(s): Hasegawa Yamaha YZR500 (OW98) "1988 WGP500 Champion" (kit number BK3)
Finished: Aug 2017
- Hasegawa brake disk photoetch set
- Top Studio metal fork set (non-inverted)
- Top Studio throttle cable
- Tabu Design ‘Marlboro’ decals
- replacement of bolt heads on bodywork with metal slot screws and rivets
- paint is Zero paints for bodywork, Alclad lacquers for metal finishes
Click on Thumbnail to see detailed image. These images are 1024 x 768 and should load reasonably quickly,
depending on your connection speed.