|Yamaha Salient scooter
This model was built during the 11th annual 24 hour build in January 2017. It was a pretty simple build, although the kit isn't the
- there are no clear parts for any of the lights or front windscreen, there are just chrome plated parts that can be painted with clear
orange and red
- the left side of the front fork was a 'short shot' of styrene. Didn't notice until final assembly. There are scooter models with single
sided forks, so this could have been the design.
- the body/frame joint where the floorboard meets the front frame is a very weak joint. Epoxy was used to join the two parts.
Base Kit(s): Imai Yamaha Salient scooter (kit number B-2302)
Finished: Feb 2015
- out of the box
- Bare Metal Foil for badges, seat trim and lower bodywork and front fender
- paint is Tamiya semi-gloss black acrylic and Tamiya bright red lacquer on the bodywork
Click on Thumbnail to see detailed image. These images are 1024 x 768 and should load reasonably quickly,
depending on your connection speed.