The Vespa scooter is one of the "10 Ultimate Motorcycles" chosen by Discovery Channel. Luckily I was able to locate an out of
production kit of this scooter on eBay.
Base Kit(s): Aoshima 1/12 scale Vespa P200E (kit number 34125)
Finished: January 2006
- kit was built basically out of the box
- customized license plate
- 0.4 mm (0.015") styrene rod added to seams on seat to simulate vinyl joints (see pictures below)
- bare metal foil added to various catches and emblems and behind turn signal and brake lights
- seat buckles made of pop can aluminum, with Plastruct hex rod bolt head
- speedometer replaced with decal from Tamiya RZ350 decal sheet
- engine and front suspension stripped of chrome plating and sprayed with Alclad Duraluminum
- paint is Tamiya Italian red, sprayed through an airbrush (but not clear coated or polished)
Click on Thumbnail to see detailed image. These images are 800 x 600 and should load reasonably quickly,
depending on your connection speed.