The Guelph Plastic Modelers Group had a Figure Build Challenge. The challenge was to build a figure and enter the finished
model into the BUFFCON 23 model contest in April, 2006. If you didn't finish, you had to buy lunch for the rest of the group!
I had this kit as a youngster and thought it would make an interesting subject for a figure build. Luckily, Polar Lights re-issued the
kit and I was able to pick one up on eBay. I never liked the setting very much, (the villian didn't look to scale) so I built a
nonedescript setting using some extra melamine board that I had. I also replaced the web with my own scratchbuilt version.
Base Kit(s): Polar Lights 'The Amazing Spiderman' (kit number 4100)
Finished: March 2006
- diorama setting replaced with melamine boards
- all seams were filled and sanded (multiple times)
- web made of clear stretched sprue, bent to shape, cut to length and assembled with CA and Kyrstal Klear glue
- paint was some Golden brand acrylic paint from an art store, thinned and shot through my airbrish, over Tamiya white primer
- web lines were done with 0.3 mm black permanent marker
Ajax XXXI, Ajax, ON October 2011, Sci-Fi Theme Award - Comic Book Superheroes
Click on Thumbnail to see detailed image. These images are 800 x 600 and should load reasonably quickly,
depending on your connection speed.