|Shelby Mustang 2008 GT500KR
This is the first of a matching pair of Shelbys. The companion to this is the Shelby Mustang 1968 GT500KR, which is done in the
same colour scheme. These two were completed in time for the 2013 Kingston Modelrama model car show, which had a
"Remembering Carroll Shelby" theme.
Base Kit(s): Revell 2008 Shelby GT500KR (kit number 85-4226)
Finished: April 2013
- built mostly out of the box
- photoetched set from KA models (grill, brake disks and calipers, speaker grills, pedals, emblems, "SHELBY" name.)
- flocked floor (not that you can really see it)
- custom printed licence plate (added after photos were taken)
- interior paint is Tamiya semi-gloss black and gloss red, followed by a bit of pastel for the seams in the seats
- exterior paint Testors Ferrari Red, followed by Testors custom lacquer clearcoat. Stripes are Alclad Dull aluminum
Click on Thumbnail to see detailed image. These images are 1024 x 768 and maybe a bit slow to load, depending on
your connection speed.