|Shelby Mustang 2008 GT500 version
I wanted to build a companion to the 1967 Shelby Mustang LeMans race car and so this model uses the same colour scheme.
HeritageCon 2010 and Torcan 2010 both had theme awards, 'Pony Cars' and 'Racer looking street cars', respectively and this
model served both of those themes.
Base Kit(s): Revell 2007 Shelby GT500 (kit number 85-2097)
Finished: February 2010
- photoetched set from KA models (grill, brake disks and calipers, emblems)
- rear seat removed (to look like a racer)
- aftermarket resin racing seats and added seat belts
- wheels from Aoshima set (EnKei NT03+ M)
- custom printed licence plates
- front hood replaced with one from Revell Mustang kit (no louvers)
- interior paint is Tamiya semi-gloss black and flat neutral gray acrylics
- exterior paint Tamiya pure white lacquer, stripes are blue metalflake blue lacquer from Bob's paints, three coats of Testors
custom lacquer clearcoat, polished and waxed.
- decals are taken from a variety of leftover sheets.
Kingston Modelrama, Kingston, ON May 2010 - 3rd place Street Machine
Torcan 2010, Toronto, ON May 2010 - 3rd place Street Machine
Click on Thumbnail to see detailed image. These images are 1024 x 768 and maybe a bit slow to load, depending on
your connection speed.