|James Bond Aston Martin DB5
This model is the 5th in my collection of James Bond vehicles. It depicts the Aston Martin DB5 that first appeared in the
'Goldfinger' and 'Thunderball' movies, with Sean Connery. An Aston Martin DB5 then made a number of cameo appearances,
mostly in the first two Daniel Craig films and one was finally destroyed in the 2011 film 'Skyfall'.
This is from a Japanese manufacturer, Doyusha and it is a simplified curbside model that has a number of inaccuracies. On the
plus side, it comes with many of the features of the movie car - rotating license plates, weapons console, dasboard mounted radar
screen and tire slashers.
Base Kit(s): Doyusha Aston Martin DB5
Finished: January 2013
- built pretty much out of the box
- custom printed license plates
- front machine guns (metal tubing)
- scratchbuilt lights (turn signal and stop lights) and mounting bezels
- lid added to center console weapon switches, Model Factory Hiro toggle switches
- ejection seat button and lid added to gear shift
- newly scribed ejection seat roof section
- aluminum tube exhaust pipes
- rechromed bumpers (ChromeTech USA)
- floor is flocked with dark gray
- paint is Tamiya Mica Silver, clearcoated, using my new fast painting technique
Click on Thumbnail to see detailed image. These images are 1024 x 768 and maybe a bit slow to load, depending on
your connection speed.