|Honda RC211V "Batman Begins" GP bike
In 2005, a Honda GP bike was done up in livery to coincide with the release of the movie 'Batman Begins". The bike was ridden by
Makoto Tamada at the Dutch Grand Prix race. Renaissance models, out of France, made a special decal set for this motorcycle.
There was some real problems getting the decals to lay down properly. Next time, I'll photocopy the decals first and see where it
needs some cuts to lay conform to the curves of the bodywork better.
Base Kit(s): Tamiya Konica Minolta Honda RC211V '06 (kit number 14107)
Finished: June 2012
- joint springs added to exhaust pipes
- Tamiya front fork detail set
- Top Studio gear shift linkage rod and throttle cable connectors
- Acu Stion photoetch chainset
- Renaissance decals
- exhaust pipes were painted with Alclad chrome, over a black base, followed by transparent blue and orange pastels
- Zero paints used for bodywork and wheels, Alclad and Tamiya for metallic colours
Toronto Model Show, Toronto, ON, Sep 2012 - 3rd place motorcycles
Click on Thumbnail to see detailed image. These images are 1024 x 768 and should load reasonably quickly,
depending on your connection speed.