This is the second in the series of Gunze Sangyo High Tech models that I have completed. They are challenging to put together,
but result in exceptional models. There was a lot of additional detail added to the original kit and the only thing I should have
replaced was the seat, which seems oversized and doesn't sit quite right.
Base Kit(s): Gunze Sangyo BMW R69S (kit number 621)
Finished: Sep 2011
- spoke nipples (vinyl tubing) added
- rear wheel axle and axle tightening nut
- oil dipstick top
- upper engine mount
- springs, rods and details for rear brake mechanism
- top of rear shocks and front forks machined from aluminum
- clutch mechanism added (I know, it's backwards on the photos)
- lots of Scale Hardware simulated and threaded bolts, nuts and screws.
- rechromed exhaust pipes, handlebars and air intake tubes (done by ChromeTech USA)
- paint is Tamiya gloss black lacquer, airbrushed and various Alclad II metallic paints
Toronto Model Car Show, Toronto, ON Sep 2011, 2nd place Motorcycles
Ajax XXXI, Ajax, ON October 2011, 2nd place Motorcycles
Kingston Modelrama, Kingston, ON, May 2012 - 2nd place motorcycles
Click on Thumbnail to see detailed image. These images are 1024 x 768 and should load reasonably quickly,
depending on your connection speed.