|BMW R100RS motorcycle
I had this model for a number of years and had never really gotten started on it. Our club had a Matchbox kit build challenge. The
idea was to take any original Matchbox kit and build it out of the box, starting in October and finishing by Jan 1, 2006. The models
will be displayed at the annual contest that our club hold in March, 2006. This kit used yellow plastic for the main body parts, a
common manufacturing practice of Matchbox.
Base Kit(s): Matchbox 1/12 BMW R100RS (PK-704)
Finished: December 2005
- built out of the box
- chrome was stripped off all chrome pieces using bleach and Easy-Off oven cleaner
- body and fairing paint was Tamiya pure white, followed by Tamiya clear, polished and waxed
- wheels, engine case and cylinders were Testors German Metallic Silver, sprayed through my airbrush
- rear view mirrors are aluminum sheet covered with bare metal foil
- custom license plate 'BIMMR' done on photo paper
- Alclad chrome on the exhaust pipes (which still hasn't turned out well for me)
Click on Thumbnail to see detailed image. These images are 800 x 600 and should load reasonably quickly,
depending on your connection speed.